Who doesn’t love tanned skin tone? However, it is a dream for most of us to get the perfect tan. Most of the time, we come home looking bright red instead of dark tanned. Olive oil is the solution to give you a well balanced tanned skin. Moisturizing abilities of olive oil nourish your skin and make it smooth. The layer of olive oil on your skin absorbs heat from the sun and gives natural tanning. This simple tip can save you hundreds of dollars that you waste in tanning salons.
So let’s understand how to use olive oil for tanning in the best way.
Why Use Olive Oil for Tanning?
Olive oil is an active ingredient in our food. It is an antioxidant that keeps your cholesterol under control. Its health benefits are not hidden from anyone. It is one of the most commonly used substances in natural therapy. But this healthy oil is beneficial for your skin also. Regular application of the oil will make your skin smooth and soft. It has a unique luster that attracts sunlight. You get a much deeper tan in less time by olive oil than any other tanning project. So leave your chemical lotions home and get a natural skin tone.
You may also read Easy Blackhead Removal Techniques at Home
How to Find the Best Olive Oil for Tanning?
While shopping, you will notice that there are different types of olive oils available. You need to find the extra virgin olive oil. It is the purest form of olive oil. The processed oils that are made for cooking or other applications contain ingredients that might be harmful to you. The extra virgin oils are produced without any other solvents. The process takes place under strictly controlled temperature to keep the grade of the oil intact. That is why it is essential to use extra virgin olive oil for tanning.
Application of Olive Oil for Tanning
You only need olive oil, a towel, and a chair for the process of tanning. Here are the steps to use olive oil for tanning:
- Fill a medium-sized bowl with extra virgin olive oil.
- Spread a towel on a chair in a sunny place outside and set a timer of 30 minutes on your phone.
- Sit in the chair comfortably.
- Dab a cotton pad in the oil and gently rub it over your skin.
- Make you spread an even layer of oil to get the perfect tone.
- When you have completed the front portion of your body, lay down and let it soak inside your skin.
- After 30 minutes, repeat the process for your back.
- Let in stay for another 30 minutes.
- After the complete session, take a bath with mild soap.
Once you finish, you will love the beautiful glow on your skin. For better results, you can mix ground coffee beans in the olive oil. The mixture works like an exfoliating scrub, which cleanses your body while you rub it. You can scrub your skin by massaging every part for 5-10 minutes with this exfoliating mixture.
You may also read How Long Does Nair Last – The Only Post You Need to Read
What to Keep in Mind While Using Olive Oil for Tanning?
While the process is entirely natural and side-effect free, you still need to take care of a few things.
- Do not use olive oil tanning for a more extended period. Please do not use it as a sunscreen for a day out on the beach. The ability of olive oil to attract sunlight can cause severe sunburn.
- Keep your skin healthy by using a moisturizer after sunbathing. Exposing your skin to heat from the sun is always harmful.
Here’s a video explaining How to Use Olive Oil For Tanning?
Apart from these, there are no side-effects of this process as it is entirely natural.
If you want a light tan, you can ditch your regular lotions and rely on olive oil only. It is also perfect for short, tanning sessions. Just make sure to leave the sun before it harms you.
We would love to hear your ideas and suggestions; please leave your valuable feedback in the comments.