Oils are a gift to skincare from the east. Oil-based products solve a lot of skin problems from the most trivial ones to the complex ones. But among all these natural essential oils available in the market, Castor oil is a standout. The vegetable oil is a trusted vintage home remedy. Castor oil has a lot of medical and aesthetic uses. Castor oil has become the most bought oil for improving skin pigmentation. Recent researches have proved that the omega fatty acids present in castor oil work wonders for the skin. After a thorough study, we bring you the advances in the use of castor oil for skin whitening in 2020.
So read on to find out the whole story.
Why Use Castor Oil for Skin Whitening
The idea of using Castor oil was found somewhere in tropical Africa or Asia. The castor plant, the Ricinus communis, is found only in those areas. We get Castor oil by extracting from the seeds of this plant. The natural oil has been widely used as a treatment for digestion problems. It breaks down into ricinoleic acid and acts in the intestine to speed up digestion. The anti-microbial properties of castor protect the skin from infections. Being a humectant, it can draw moisture from the air to settle on your skin.
But what about improving pigmentation? Castor oil contains fatty acids. The abundant Omega-3 acids pull out the pigmentation by breaking the scar tissue and work like magic to give you a better skin tone. Additionally, these fatty acids can provide healthier-looking skin by retaining moisture and stimulating the growth of healthy tissues. Moreover, if you have sensitive skin, castor oil is the best choice for your skin. It will not block your skin pores because of its low comedogenic score.
Steps to Use Castor Oil for Skin Whitening
There is more than one way to apply castor oil to your skin. We will discuss each of the applications one by one.
You may also read Best Cocoa Butter Lotion – Our Top Picks For 2020
Direct application of Castor Oil
- Take a tablespoon of castor oil.
- Soak a cotton pad in the oil and rub it lightly on your skin.
- Massage your skin for 5-10 minutes while rubbing in circles.
- Let it rinse for a minute and wash with mild warm water.
- You can massage your skin twice a day with castor oil for skin whitening.
Making a Castor Oil Pack
- You’ll need gauze, cling wrap to make a Castor Oil Pack.
- We do not recommend to use it on your face because of risks associated with the cling wrap.
- First, take a dab of castor oil with gauze.
- Apply it to the dark pigmented area, put some more castor oil drops, and wrap it tightly with cling wrap.
- Leave it as it is overnight.
- Repeat the process daily for almost a fortnight to get the best results.
- Make you do not wrap the gauze too tight, or you’ll stop the circulation of blood.
Castor Oil Facepack with Turmeric
- If you want to apply a castor oil pack on the face, this is the ideal method.
- You’ll need 1 tbsp of castor oil and ½ tbsp of turmeric.
- Mix the ingredients to make a thick paste.
- Spread the paste evenly on your face.
- Let it dry for an hour.
- Wash the face pack with mild warm water.
- You can use this homemade face pack daily for the best results.
Here’s a video explaining how useful is Castor Oil For Skin Whitening in 2020
Castor Oil is a versatile performer in skincare products. You have the independence to select honey and lemon, or Vitamin E tablets for making a Castor Oil face pack. You can choose what’s best for your skin and apply the respective face pack. The method of creation and application is the same.
So these were the tips to use castor oil for skin whitening in 2020.
We would love to hear your experiences after you use the ideas we mentioned.
Please leave your feedback in the comments.