Fake nails are like a prized possession in every lady’s beauty drawer. You easily add the length and give a new shape to your natural nails with falsies. Fake nails come in a variety of shapes and designs. Nail art is a hot trend these days, and falsies help a lot in onboarding the hype train. But it is troublesome to remove them once they are old. The process often ends up as a painful experience. That’s why hauteher is here with expert advice to remove fake nails easily. Follow these tips to save a trip to the salon and get back to your natural look in no time.
Remove Fake Nails with Aluminum Foil
Getting rid of acrylic nails with the help of aluminum foil is very common. It is straightforward and less time consuming than other DIY fake nails removing methods. You only need a cotton ball, a bowl of acetone, some petroleum jelly, and a wooden cuticle pusher. The process may take around 20-30 minutes, so it’s better to start when you are entirely free. Here’s how to complete the process:
- Start by removing the nail paint and other art from your false nail.
- Now take some cotton and soak it in acetone.
- Cover your nail with cotton by wrapping them around your fingers.
- Use an aluminum foil to keep the cotton in place.
- Leave your fingers untouched for at least half an hour.
- Check if the false nail has been loosened or not by removing the foil and cotton from one fingernail. Use the cuticle pusher to test the strength of the glue. Try to slide the pusher below the inner edge of the fake nail.
- If the pusher goes in without effort, pull your nail patiently to keep your natural nails safe. Repeat the process on each nail.
- Make sure you are not forcing the nail. If your cuticle pusher is not able to enter below your acrylic nail, wrap your nail in foil and cotton for ten more minutes.
You may also read The Best Glitter Eyeshadow Products for a Starry Makeup
Remove Fake Nails with Pure Acetone
Pure acetone is also capable of removing false nails without any extra agent. You’ll need a bowl of warm water and a small bowl of acetone for this.
- Place the bowl of acetone in a bigger bowl containing warm water.
- Allow the acetone to heat up. Hot acetone is more effective in weakening the glue of fake nails.
- Soak your nails for more than half an hour in the acetone.
- Keep checking the strength of the glue with cuticle pusher now and then.
- Once the glue is loose enough, pull the nails with your cuticle pusher.
Remove Fake Nails with Dental Floss
Using dental floss to get rid of fake nails is a very reckless method. You can follow this routine if your false nails are already chipped or loosened. Do not try to remove the nails forcefully with a string of dental floss. The excess friction can cause severe damage to your nails. Here are the steps to remove false nails with the dental floss:
You may also read How To Apply Eyeshadow For Beginners
- Take a toothpick and try to remove the glue from the inner side of the nail. Do not start from the outer edge; it will increase the risk of your natural nail getting pulled off. Place the point of toothpick between the fake and natural nail to create a small opening.
- Once the opening is big enough for a floss, slide in the dental floss slowly. Enter the floss from the center of the nail first and then move the edges in.
- If the floss fits perfectly between the false and the real nail, slide it further inside with a sawing motion.
- Make sure you are not rushing. Allow the dental floss to work its way through the nail.
- Remove the nail once the floss removes all the glue.
Here’s a video explaining How To Remove Fake Nails Easily
Do not use reckless methods to save money. The best way to get your nail removed at home is by using acetone to weaken the bond between the nails. If possible, you should get your nails removed by a professional only. We do not recommend following home remedies until you are not sure of what you are doing.