Acrylic nails are a joy to watch and flaunt. They allow you to shape or design your nails in any way possible. But just like manicure, artificial nails need to be pampered too. They can easily last more than a month if you take good care. But removing the false nails is a harrowing experience. It would help if you went to a professional salon, or you can mess up big time. But as always, we are here with another homemade tip to save your time. We will tell you how to remove acrylic nails with hot water at home.
What are Acrylic Nails?
Acrylic nails serve as an extension to your natural nails. They will not work as a replacement. You can find two types of false nails: tip extensions and form extensions.
You glue the tip extensions to your natural nails directly. They are very lightweight to wear. But this is a downside also. As they are very fragile and break easily.
Form extensions wrap around your fingertips. They are more durable but do not feel light. Form extensions have sticky edges to keep them in place. You do not need separate glue to hold them.
Home Remedy to Remove Acrylics Nails with Hot Water
To remove your fake nails at home, you need acetone. You will also need petroleum jelly, nail clippers, and nail file. Here are the steps:
- Clip your false nails short with the help of nail clippers.
- If you have any nail paint or coat on, remove it with the help of a file.
- Moisturize the area around your natural nails with the help of petroleum jelly. A layer of jam will protect your skin from acetone.
- Take a bowl of warm water and put a smaller pot of acetone inside it. Water will warm up the acetone a little and make it work efficiently.
- Put your entire nails in the acetone bowl for 20-30 minutes.
- Check if your acrylic nails have gone soft. Remove them with the help of teasers if they are loose enough.
Other Methods to Remove Acrylic Nails
- If you don’t want to use acetone, you can use acetone-free nail paint remover instead.
- Some even try cutting the acrylics with dental floss. You’ll need a partner to execute this. But it is not recommended because it may damage your nails. You can not expect perfection for anyone other than professionals.
- You can also wrap a cotton pad soaked in acetone with the help of aluminum foil if you don’t have the patience to sit alongside a bowl.
Precautions While you Remove Acrylic Nails with Warm Water
Make sure you do not pull your nails forcefully. It will damage your natural nails and hurt their edges. Do not go for new false nails right after you remove the older ones. It is recommended to wait at least one weak to let the naturals grow. Additionally, you can use cuticle oil to heal your natural nails.
These are the most followed tips to remove acrylic nails with hot water. However, it is always better to consult a professional before you try anything. Sometimes our skin is sensitive to such chemicals. So, it’s better to take precautions when you make such steps.
Here’s a video explaining How To Remove Acrylic Nails With Hot Water
Moreover, for natural beauty and health tips, subscribe to us.
Leave your feedback in the comments below.