Eyebrow tinting is the perfect option for people with light eyebrows. Thin eyebrows are always a cause of bullying and isolation. Even if you are lucky to be treated well, it is embarrassing to have pale shaded eyebrows. Therefore, eyebrow tinting has been a glorious refuge to get the darker brows. One of the significant positives of tinting the brows is that you can skip the regular makeup on your eyebrows before leaving. But how long does eyebrow tinting last usually? Is it permanent or just temporary? Hauteher is here to answer this question. So follow this article for an in-depth approach to eyebrow coloring for dark shades.
The Basics of Eyebrow Tinting
Before you start the process of change, you need to understand what is eyebrow tinting. Well, it’s not a magic trick or rocket science. You have to dye your hair to get a darker shade than your natural nude shade. The process will take around 10 minutes, and you’ll get an eyebrow worth flaunting. However, if you use a henna-based color, you’ll need to wait overnight. After the development, you’ll get a smooth and shiny tone.
Additionally, it’s crucial to remember that hair color is not suitable for this operation. You need to buy an eyebrow tinting kit to avoid any side-effect. Otherwise, henna is also an excellent natural alternative.
How Long Does Eyebrow Tinting Last?
In general cases, you’ll get two to three weeks of coverage with a tinting kit. The real experience will depend on your hormones and pigmentation levels also. If you have oily skin and thin hair, the color will wear off early. On the other hand, thick hair will hold the eyebrow tint for more than a month. However, there are methods to increase the retention of color quickly. Here are some steps you can follow to improve the color holding capacity of your eyebrows:
- Avoid eyebrows when you use a makeup remover.
- Do not wash your face for at least 24 hours after the color develops.
- Use coconut oil to enhance the tint and make it stay longer.
So that’s how long does eyebrow tinting last. Now let’s follow the method to get your brows colored.
How to Get Your Eyebrows Tinted?
Preparing Before the Tint
- Start your tinting with a patch test. Apply some color on your wrist or arm and wait for at least 48 hours. If you notice any redness or rash, change the product you are using.
- You need to start the preparation for eyebrow tinting a week before the actual application. Avoid using tweezers or threading your eyebrows for one week. The extraction and pulling of hair can cause inflammation, which can cause side effects.
- If you want to keep your skin free from the color stains, dab the area around the brows with a vaseline soaked cotton swab.
- Finally, wash your face correctly to remove all the dirt and other impurities before you start.
You may also read How to Remove Shellac Nail Polish at Home
Steps to Tint The Eyebrows
- Use a paste of the developers from the eyebrow tinting kit.
- Apply the paste carefully with a cotton swab on the eyebrows and let it dry.
- Once the skin is dehydrated, wash it with cold water.
- If you are using natural henna color, you have to let the color settle overnight and then wash the face.
Caring for The Tinted Eyebrows
- Application of the tinting paste must be on your brow hair only. So you can use a mascara brush to avoid any heaps or lumps of paste in the skin.
- For an excellent toning and nourishing, apply castor oil to your brows fortnightly and wash off the next morning using cold water. The process will prosper a healthy look of your brow hair.
- The dyes claim to stay as long as six weeks. However, most of them last for about half the duration needing another round of tint. Because the dyed hair grows, and there is a new root of the hair. You can use root touch up kits to maintain the hue well.
- It is strictly prohibited to apply hair dyes on your brow hair because these dyes come up with very harsh chemicals that may damage your facial skin, although colors for beard can tint brow hair.
- Eyes are to be protected against any foreign material, especially the tinting dyes. It can cause irreparable harm to your eyes. So rinse wash the chemical in your eyes asap if any part of it enters in by mistake.
Best Eyebrow Tinting Kits
- Swiss O Par Eyelash and Brow Tint Kit
- Godefroy Instant Eyebrow Color
- 1000 Hour Eyelash & Brow Dye
- Intensive Lash & Brow Tinting Starter Kit
You may also read How To Remove Waterproof Mascara Quickly and Efficiently
- Mina Eyebrow Henna
Here’s a video explaining How Long Does Eyebrow Tinting Last Usually?
These are the top tips to dye your eyebrows with ease. We hope you got the answer to how long does eyebrow tinting lasts. You can follow the steps to tint your brows and end the embarrassment of having nude eyebrows. If you are already a user of brow tints, tell us your suggestions and experience.