We try a lot of remedies to cure a receding hairline or thinning of hair, but have we ever given a thought to our eyebrows? Yes, we did. But what we do about it? Take up an eyebrow pencil and add some lines to it, so there could be some faux brow hairs. It might look decent, but not as fabulous as a natural one, would. After all, natural beauty is the best. So, here I have some tips, or should I say home-made remedies on how to thicken to your eyebrows naturally.
First, we have to know what is causing the thinning of eyebrows. Most of the time, our hormones are responsible for such ill-effects. But general skin infections or an overactive immune system can also hamper the growth of our brows. Apart from these, there are some external reasons like accidents, deficiency of proper nutrition, or even emotional stress. If you know the reason, it would be much easier to find the best way to deal with it.
But remember, you can not expect to build Rome in a day. You have to be patient, as this may take time, but results will be worth your while. Read on to know how to thicken the eyebrows slowly but effectively.
Home Remedies For Thicker Eyebrows
Yes, the ever-present water. You might be thinking: ‘I use it daily to wash my face, but no miracle happened?’ Well, the answer is that you need to drink water to get proper results. At least 4 liters of water per day is required to keep your body properly hydrated. It will help you with glowing skin as well as with your hair growth. It’s like killing two birds with one stone (metaphorically).
Castor oil is a natural moisturizer, as it contains a high percentage of ricinoleic acid. The ricinoleic is an omega-9 essential fatty acid, so it is suitable for your skin. Moreover, castor oil can help improve the anti-inflammatory action and blood circulation.
Castor oil is notorious as a natural beauty product, and its use can increase hair growth dramatically. Some even claim that the monthly application of the oil can boost hair growth by up to five times the usual rate but how to use it?
- Castor oil is a thick oil, so take a few drops of castor oil not more than 3-4 and massage it on the washed and dried up brows.
- Or you can mix it up with some lemon drops too.
- Wait for at least 30 mins, or leave it overnight for a more active approach.
- You can also use steam to open your pores and help your skin absorb the oil better.
Just to be safe, that this oil suits your skin, initiate the use after a patch test.
If you have a hair problem, or you just want to nourish them, there’s nothing better than coconut oil. It contains vitamin E and essential fatty acid, which nourishes the skin and helps to remove sebum build-up from hair follicles.
- Take 4-5 drops of coconut oil and gently apply on the brows.
- Leave it for 30 mins or overnight as it is suitable.
- Wash it with lukewarm or cold water.
Olive oil is a vibrant and extensive source of antioxidants. It’s best to promote scalp health. You can improve blood flow to the hair follicles by massaging hair and scalp with olive oil. The follicles are, in turn, stimulated to grow thicker strands of hair, thereby doubling hair growth.
- Massage your brow with a bit of olive oil, in rotatory motion.
- Leave it for a couple of hours and wash it off.
- You can do this daily.
For better results, try using extra virgin olive oil as it is unrefined and untainted by chemicals.
Almond oil contains hair growth-friendly ingredients like omega-3 fatty acids, minerals, phospholipids, and vitamin E. Almond oil nourishes and strengthens your hair. Just be sure to check for any allergy to almonds before using them.
- Put two drops on your fingertips and apply it over the brows,
- You can wipe it off after an hour.
You may also read Best Essential Oils for Post Nasal Drip Home Remedies
Aloe vera contains something called proteolytic enzymes which repair dead skin cells on the skin. Our hair doesn’t grow back because of sebum. Sebum is an oil that clogs the pores on the skin and prevents hair growth. Massaging pure aloe vera gel directly to the To effectively use this natural hair loss treatment, simply massage pure aloe vera gel on the brows.
- Take a suitable amount of aloe Vera gel.
- Apply the aloe Vera gel onto your brows.
- Then leave it for half an hour. Let it sit completely.
- Now, rinse it off the mild shampoo and little cold water.
- For the desired result, use aloe vera gel twice or thrice a week.
When added to the hair, onion juice can provide extra sulfur to support thick and robust hair. Therefore, onion juice can prevent hair loss and promoting hair growth. The sulfur from onions may also help boost collagen, which removes toxins from the skin.
- Make a paste of red onion with some lemon.
- Take the juice and apply it to your brows thoroughly.
- Let it rest for 15-30 minutes before you rinse it with a mild shampoo.
You can use this application every alternate day to see the best results.
Vitamin E Oil & Jojoba Oil
Vitamin E oil is known to treat skin issues quickly. You can avail them at a drug store in the form of capsules. On the other hand, jojoba oil is beneficial in treating dry skin problems. It can enhance the strength, shine, and manageability of your hair.
- Mix a Vitamin E capsule with a few drops of Jojoba oil and apply it on your bows.
- Let it sit there for 15-20 mins.
- After that, you can wash it or wipe it away.
Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is excellent for your hair as its diluted form can stimulate and increase blood flow to the area. Moreover, tea tree oil can improve the conditions of the hair follicles, which promotes healthy hair growth.
- Mix tea tree oil with coconut and vaseline.
- Apply it to the required area.
- Wait for 30 mins then wipe it off.
Sesame Seed Oil
Sesame seed oil is home to Vitamin E, B complex, minerals, and protein that strengthens the hair from the roots and deeply nourishes.
- Use pre-warmed oil for better results.
- Leave it on the brow for 20 minutes, and then with a mild hair cleanser and warm water, you can wash it off.
Note:- You can massage your brows with sesame oil once or twice per week
Vaseline or any other petroleum jelly can work as a cost-effective moisturizer for dry skin on the body. It can be used with other essential oil to mix and apply on the brows for better results.
Fenugreek seeds are a source of high protein and nicotinic acid. Both these ingredients are immensely beneficial for hair growth.
- Blend 1/4 cup soaked fenugreek seeds, 1/2 tablespoon aloe vera gel, 1/4 tablespoon of coconut oil, and 6-7 drops of rosemary oil together.
- Apply this mask on your brow.
- Let it rest for 20-30 mins.
- After that, rinse it with cold water.
- Apply it once a week.
Here’s a video explaining How to Make your Eyebrows Thicker Naturally
These were the top remedies and solutions to the ever-present question – how to thicken eyebrows naturally. Include them in your daily routine to get the best results. If you have some ideas to thicken the eyebrows, drop them in the comments. We, at Hauteher, always welcome your suggestions and ideas.