Image Source : LINK
Brassy hair is a common problem while coloring salt and pepper hair. Instead of the color we want, we get a light bronze-like shade. This orange color doesn’t suit everybody. Most of us even hate this tangy shade. In the younger years, you can sport such shiny colors. But as we reach the dusk of our age, we lose the charm and love for such brights fades. Instead, we love staying classy and straightforward. We understand the modern needs, that’s why here is how to get rid of brassy hair using home remedies.
Today we are here with a DIY hair toner to remove the unwanted color from your hair. The brassy hair happens because of excessive bleaching. If your hair is already light, shampoo and conditioner can cause damage. When you damage your hair, the light bronze shade replaces your natural one. It is easy to ignore the signals, but you’ll eventually lose the natural hue completely.
Why Get Rid of Brassy Hair at Home?
Most toners found at salons contain harmful chemicals. Exposure to chemicals is never good for the hair. The natural strength decreases, and the roots get weakened. Homemade toners are generally herbal and light on your hair strands. You can save money by using readily available products. It is hard to believe that you can get salon level treatment at home. But it’s true. The hair toners discussed here are not only potent at color correction but also soft and friendly for your scalp and hair.
You may also read How to Bleach Your Hair in Easy Steps
Top 3 Homemade Toners to Get Rid of Brassy Hair
- Vinegar Toner to Get Rid of Brassy Hair
Apple Cider Vinegar is beneficial in taking care of your brassy hair. The vinegar is acidic. The acid removes the toxins and excessive color from the strands. As a result, you smooth and shiny hair with your natural color. Make sure you only use apple cider vinegar, though.
How to Use:
- Mix ½ cup of apple cider vinegar with ½ cup of water.
- Shampoo your hair before applying to remove the dirt and sweat from your scalp.
- Massage to solution slowly to your hair.
- Wait for your hair to dry and then rinse with mild hot water.
- Baking Soda Toner to Get Rid of Brassy Hair
Baking soda is well known for its bleaching ability. It is the best agent to decolorize stuff. You can prepare a hair toner at home with baking soda. For this toner, you need purple and blue food coloring, a sulfate-free shampoo, and some baking soda.
How to Use:
- Add half a teaspoon of each food color into a bowl of sulfate-free shampoo.
- Stir the mixture thoroughly.
- Then add a teaspoon of baking soda to this paste and keep stirring.
- Make sure there are no lumps of soda left.
- Use this amalgam as a shampoo when you take a bath.
- Leave it on your head for almost 10 minutes and then rinse.
- Homemade Anti-Yellow Toner for Brassy Hair
Treating the orange hair locks with a complementary color also works like a wonder. To get rid of brassy hair, you can use a blue shade of hair dye. Just buy a blue-ish or violet hair dye and a quality conditioner.
How to Use:
- Put conditioner in a bowl.
- Mix the hair dye and keep adding until you get a purple hue.
- Apply this paste your hair and keep it for an hour.
- Rinse your hair after they dry.
Here’s a video explaining How To Get Rid Of Brassy Hair Home Remedies in 2020
Apart from the ideas mentioned above, you can also use lemon juice to mix with your conditioner to get rid of brassy hair. Some people prefer boiling tea leaves in water and then washing the hair with it. These methods are also useful, but we have chosen only the best and quickest home remedies to get rid of brassy hair.
If you liked the article, show us some support by subscribing to us.
Leave your suggestions for the next article in the comment section below.